Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A new sweater...

...and no pictures. Yet. I can't believe I've been working on my Grandma's sweater for over three weeks now and I haven't even taken one progress photo!

B's grandma isn't feeling so hot right now. Sunday we got a call that she fell down her stairs and broke her neck. She went by ambulance to the local hospital, then they decided to move her, by helicopter, to another (bigger) hospital. She had surgery yesterday, and is stable. She didn't sever her spinal cord, which was a huge blessing, they just had to go in and repair her broken vertebrae.

And to summarize the drama that is MY life, I said to my sisters that I didn't like my dad's girlfriend. They agreed. I told her I wasn't going to my dad's birthday party (no reason), she (girlfriend) turned around and said (to my dad) that I was mad at her and mean to her. How?? He got himself involved...my sisters told him I was all to blame, they never said anything like what I said about her...and now I'm a terrible, awful person who is "mentally unstable" (and apparently the "whole family" feels this way). For not liking my dad's girlfriend! I decided if that's the way they want to be, I don't want any part of it. Oh, and my dad never asked ME what happened in this scenario, just took as gospel what everyone else had to say about me. Doesn't that seem fair? :) My husband, B, has taken it upon himself to try to make my dad see how pig-headed he's being, to no avail. I keep telling B it's not worth it, but he's my loving husband and he's trying.

So after all of that, I decided since most of "them" read my blog, I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of being able to peek into my personal life whenever they wanted to, so I closed the old blog, which I'm sad about, because that's a couple years of my life and knitting that I have to leave behind. This blog won't have too many identifying markers of my life (town, names, etc) at least for a while. I feel indifference towards those that were my family, but I will protect myself and my husband from those who turned love into hate, and will not give them any "ammunition". I am otherwise living a happy, busy life, and if they don't want to be a part of it, that is up to them!

Namaste