Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. As you can see, my Grandma loves her sweater:

And it fits her perfectly!

Progress on the KISS purse:


Here is my new! improved! Bountiful Bohus:



I am so much happier with it. The neckline is perfect. After wearing it to my Grandma's on Sunday, the only bad thing I have to say is it's a bit big on me. If I do make another I'll have to make it one size smaller. Better too big than too small though! When I redid the neck I had to redo the button bands. I changed those to two-stitch buttonholes (from three-stitch), which work better with the buttons.
My aunt couldn't believe I made my sweater (or Grandma's for that matter)...I think she's going to drop hints next year for a handmade sweater :)

I had to show off some of my Christmas cookies. The ones on the left are Raspberry Poinsettias, and the ones on the right are Pecan Shortbread Trees:

The powdered sugar ones on the right edge are Chai-Almond cookies, which were OK. I overbaked them a bit so they were crunchy instead of crumbly. The cutout cookies I made didn't last long at all once B set his sights on them. It's amazing how fast he eats up those cookies.
I also made truffles to bring to my Grandma's, she stole all of those. I got one, and almost lost a finger in the process.

Namaste