Friday, December 26, 2008

Glad it's over

Another Christmas is over. This year was very quiet for us (since most of my family--except for the most awesome Grandma ever--isn't talking to me), and we were having a grand time. We rented movies, made yummy foods, and generally lazed about.

Then it happened.

One of my sisters decided to break the cone of silence.

She sent me some text messages, full of "Merry Christmas" and "I love you" and "I miss you". WTF? Do you expect me to forget what you did to me? I admit it, I replied to her messages. I asked her to tell dad the truth. She said "he does know the truth. It's not a game. Things got jumbled up". No shit. Why would I think this was a game when it's affecting my life the way it is? If she knows facts got "jumbled up", why is no one trying to fix it? I hinted for her to call me, but she didn't take the bait and hid behind more text messages. Funny how no one involved will actually pick up a phone and talk to me, they either text or email me (that should be past tense. This is the first I've heard from any of them in two months). Plus I think she was drunk, so it was probably better she didn't call, although the texts pissed me off more than enough. Way to ruin my Christmas....and I wonder if that was her intention all along.

Namaste